Sunday, February 15, 2015

Southeast Asia Mission Trip - Preview


(credit: tripadvisor.co.uk)

In two short weeks I will be on a plane with my destination being half-way around the world. As an introduction into the world of cross-cultural missions, I am joining a group of individuals traveling from the World Mission Initiative at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary to warmer climates to witness in the work of the Spirit.  We call this a mission trip but we are not going to evangelize to the non-Christian, build orphanages or give them anything material but we are going to learn, teach and encourage believers of Christ.

Our two weeks will be spent visiting Christians throughout the southern regions of the country.  Visiting this country will be a great task for me as I only have a few word vocabulary and know the bare minimum of the culture.  I do, however, look forward to the food because I am an adventurous eater.

In our time together, I hope to grow in relationship with those I am traveling with but I also would like to build lasting relationships with the people we meet in country.  This is why we go on these trips; we are there to strengthen the Church and grow in our witness.

Please pray for us as we travel and pray that we become better disciples through this experience.  I will keep this blog updated as often as I can when overseas and I will give a grand report when we return.

Blessings and peace,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment